Things To Do:

Subscribe to the podcast: www.musicaalinnertube.libsyn.com/rss ***** Read the book: http://living-on-air.blogspot.com/ ****** Buy the Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004U2ANAG

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Father Hardy And The Missing Hat

We join Father Hardy at the end of Mass, as he talks with of his parishioners:

Father Hardy: Murphy! I am so glad you decided to come to Mass. I haven’t seen you here in years! What made you come?
Murphy: I got to be honest with you, Father. A while back, I misplaced me hat. I really, really love that hat.
Father Hardy: I’ve seen you with that hat. Stylish. Gives a whole new meaning to “porkpie.”
Murphy: Now, I know that Shamus McCarthy has a hat just like mine, and I know he comes to church every Sunday. So, I had the idea that I was going to leave after Communion and steal McCarthy's hat.
Father Hardy: Murphy, that’s terrible! Who would come to church to steal something?
Murphy: I would, Father.
Father Hardy: Oh, yes, I guess you just said you would.
Murphy: That I did, Father.
Father Hardy: But I notice that you didn't steal McCarthy's hat. What changed your mind?
Murphy: Well, Father, after I heard your sermon on the Ten Commandments, I decided that I didn't need to steal McCarthy's hat after all.
Father Hardy: So, after I talked about “thou shalt not steal” you decided you would not steal McCarthy’s hat and do without a stylish hat rather than burn in hell?
Murphy: No, Father. After ya talked about “thou shalt not commit adultery” I remembered where I left me hat.

Join us next time as Father Hardy tries to explain Lady Gaga to the Ladies’ Auxiliary.

click here to listen

No comments:

Post a Comment