Things To Do:

Subscribe to the podcast: www.musicaalinnertube.libsyn.com/rss ***** Read the book: http://living-on-air.blogspot.com/ ****** Buy the Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004U2ANAG

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Father Hardy and the Widow

Time once more for another one of Father Hardy’s heavenly adventures. Today we find Father Hardy once again greeting parishioners after Mass. Mary Clancy is crying.

Father Hardy: Why, Mary Clancy, why are you crying?
Mary: Oh, Father, I've got terrible news! Me husband passed away last night!
Father Hardy: Oh, Mary, that is terrible news. I should have been there to deliver the Last Rites. Why didn’t you call me?
Mary: I did call ya, Father. But ya mumbled somethin’ about a full house and hung up. I figured you were entertainin’ guests.
Father Hardy: Oh, yes, ‘tis true, I did have people over. And just so’s you know, it wasn’t very entertainin’. They walked off with 500 dollars from the collection pla – that is, I mean, 500 holy cards from the vestibule. Anyways, I’d like to make it up to ya. Tell me, Mary, did he have any last requests?
Mary: That he did, Father.
Father Hardy: Maybe I can make things right for ya. What did he ask, Mary?
Mary: Well, Father, he said, “Please, Mary, put down that damn gun...”

Be with us next time when Father Hardy attempts to barbecue over a burning bush.




click here to listen

No comments:

Post a Comment